Faculty of Mechanical Engineering
|Wg Cdr Dr. Vikram Deshpande
Associate Professor (Instructor Class-A)
Department of Aeronautical Engineering (AE)
||Wg Cdr Dr. Vikram Deshpande
||Department of Aeronautical Engineering (AE)
Military Institute of Science and Technology (MIST)
Mirpur Cantonment, Dhaka-1216, Bangladesh.
||Ph.D. Applied Mechanics, Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi (IIT Delhi), India.
||ME Mechanical Engineering, Defence Institute of Advanced Technology (DIAT), Pune, India .
||BE Mechanical Engineering, Karnataka University Dharwar, India .
Professional/ Research Experience
- Maintenance of aircraft and allied systems
- Technical analysis and contract management
- Associate Professor, Dept of Aeronautical Engineering, MIST, Dhaka
|Undergraduate : Applied Aerodynamics, Computational Fluid Dynamic, Turbo-machinery, Aircraft Stability, Control and Missile Guidance, Aircraft and rotorcraft performance, Weapon Engineering, Machine Design Sessional and Wind tunnel Laboratories and Design projects.
|Post Graduate: Advanced Incompressible Flows, Computational Fluid Dynamics
Co-Supervised One M.Tech Student.
- Deshpande, V., Ganesh, N. (2009), “Dynamic Analysis of Impact Penetration Problems”, National Conference on Modeling and Simulation (NCMS-2009), 16-18 Dec 09, DIAT, Pune.
- Deshpande, V., Eshpuniyani, B. and Sanghi, S. (2010), “Computational study of supersonic flow over a flat plate with moving protrusion”, 37th National and 4th International conference on fluid mechanics and fluid power 14-16 Dec 10, IIT, Madras.
- Deshpande, V., Sanghi, S. and Eshpuniyani, B. (2011), “A Detailed Parametric Study of Supersonic Flow over a Wall Mounted Protrusion using the Particle Velocity Upwind Scheme”, Journal of Aerospace Sciences and Technologies, 01/2011; Vol. 63 (4):266-276.
- Deshpande, V., Eshpuniyani, B. and Sanghi, S. (2011), “Prediction of aerodynamic forces of flap of finite width using 2d ramp results – a case study”, 38th National conference on fluid mechanics and fluid power, 15-17 Dec 11, MANIT, Bhopal.
- Deshpande, V., (2014), “Challenges in Design of Miniaturized Controls for Maneuvering Slender Projectiles in Supersonic Regime”, 18th National Seminar on Aerospace Structures (NASAS), 15-17 Dec 11, VNIT, Nagpur, India
- Deshpande, V., Eshpuniyani, B. and Sanghi, S., “Computational Study of Supersonic Flow past Non-Stationary Obstructions Part I: Moving Ramp”. Progress in Computational Fluid Dynamics, 2015; vol 15 (3) : 144-156.
- Deshpande, V., Eshpuniyani, B. and Sanghi, S., “Computational Study of Supersonic Flow past Non-Stationary Obstructions Part II: Moving Protrusion”, Progress in Computational Fluid Dynamics, 2015; vol 15 (3) : 157-167.
- Deshpande, V., “Computational Fluid Dynamics: Endless Possibilities in Understanding Physics Behind Flows”, Keynote address, 1st International Conference in Mechanical Engineering and Applied Sciences (ICMEAS-2017), 22-23 Feb 2017, MIST, Dhaka.