Faculty of Mechanical Engineering
B.Sc. in Aeronautical Engineering,
Military Institute of Science and Technology (MIST),
Bangladesh University of Professionals (BUP), Mirpur, Dhaka-1216, Bangladesh.
- AEAS 437- Aircraft Vehicle Design
- AEAS 319- Machine Design
- AEAS 315- Aircraft Stability and Control
- AEAV 457- Avionics Technology
- AEAS 438- Aircraft Vehicle Design Sessional
- AEAS 320- Machine Design Sessional
- Applied Aerodynamics and CFD sessional
- AEAS 210- Aeronautical Engineering Drawing 2 Sessional
MIST Dean’s list (2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016)
‘‘Comparative Assessment of Various Turbulence Models and Improved Performance of NACA0012 Airfoil with MSBLC (Moving Surface Boundary Layer Control)’’
A comparative study was carried out to show the effect of turbulence models of ANSYS on flow analysis over NACA 0012 airfoil. The effect of moving surface boundary layer control was also observed by mounting a cylinder at the leading edge of the airfoil. (Undergraduate Thesis)
ENGINEERING PROJECTS & PARTICIPATIONS
- Design and fabrication of a Mother Ship with Small Aerial Vehicles:FUTURE FLIGHT DESIGN 2015, Istanbul, Turkey.
- Design and fabrication of an Air to Air Target Drone. (On Going) (Member of Design Group)
- 1st National Aero Design Competition arranged by MIST.
- Nafiz Ahmed Khan, Md. Abdus Salam, Kh. Md. Faisal, and Debanan Bhadra, ‘‘Computational study of airfoil performance with the incorporation of a moving surface at the leading edge’’, 12TH International Conference on Mechanical, AIP Conference Proceedings 1980, 040016 (2018); https://doi.org/10.1063/1.5044326
- Shoyon Panday, Nafiz Ahmed Khan, Md Rasel, Kh. Md. Faisal, and Md. Abdus Salam, ‘‘Comparative assessment of turbulence model in predicting airflow over a NACA 0010 airfoil’ , 7th BSME International Conference on Thermal Engineering, AIP Conference Proceedings 1851, 020045 (2017); https://doi.org/10.1063/1.4984674
- Abedin, Nafiz A. Khan, MST. Mousumi Rizia, and Md. Quamrul Islam, ‘‘Simulation of wind flow over square, pentagonal and hexagonal cylinders in a staggered form’’, Proceedings of the 1st International Conference on Mechanical Engineering and Applied Science (ICMEAS 2017); AIP Conference Proceedings 1919, 020004 (2017); https://doi.org/10.1063/1.5018522
- Shoyon Panday, Nafiz Ahmed Khan, MobasseraBelalTiasha, Kh. Md. Faisal and Md. Abdus Salam, ‘‘Design of a Small Unmanned Mother Ship’ ’Proceedings of 12th Global Engineering, Science and Technology Conference, 23 – 24 December 2016, BIAM Foundation, 63 New Eskaton, Dhaka, Bangladesh, ISBN: 978-1-925488-25-8