Major, Department of Aeronautical Engineering
Faculty of Mechanical Engineering
Major Md. Touhidur Rahman Evan
Kazlarpar , Post Office: Matuail, Jatrabari, Dhaka.
Appointment: 1. Assistant Professor
2. Prog Co-ordinator for Aeronautical Engineering Dept (GSO-2)
Bachelor of Science degree in Aeronautical Engineering (Major- Aerospace) on March 2014 from Military Institute of Science and Technology (MIST), Bangladesh with a CGPA of 3.87 out of 4.
Military Institute of Science and Technology (MIST), Bangladesh
DESIGN AND FABRICATION OF A MICRO UAV WITH DEVELOPMENT OF ITS STRUCTURE, PROPULSION AND CONTROL SYSTEM
- Designed a Unmanned Air Vehicle (UAV) with the help of SOLIDWORKS
- Performed Wind Tunnel Testing in an attempt to justify CFD and JAVAFOIL results of different co-efficient
- Fabricated the UAV with a view to carry large amount of payload.
- Airframe Structure
- Aircraft Materials
- Turbo machinery
- Aircraft Design
Participation in SAE Aero Design Competition (West), California, USA April 12-14, 2013
- A UAV based competition jointly organized by SAE (Society of Automotive Engineers), NASA and Lockheed Martin.
- As the team Captain of MIST Aero Thunder Team participated in this competition with the UAV and obtained 19th position among 75 teams.
- Mohammad Mukit Hasan, Md. Touhidur Rahman Evan, Imroz Muhammad Anik, “Design, Development & Performance Analysis of a Fixed Wing Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV)”,Royal Aeronautical Society Applied Aerodynamics Research Conference,July 22-24,2014,University of Bristol, UK.
ACADEMIC HONORS AND AWARDS:
- Dean’s Certificate for academic good result, Military Institute of Science and Technology (MIST),-2010,2013
- Commandant’s Certificate for academic good result, Military Institute of Science and Technology (MIST),- 2011,2012
- MIST Commandant Commendation-2013 for SAE Aero Design Competition
- NASA System Engineering Award, SAE Aero Design Competition, 2013
- SAE Aero Design Competition Completion Certificate, 2013
EXTRA CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES
- Participated in the aforementioned SAE Aero Design competition