AE Dept at a Glance
The necessity of induction of Aeronautical Engineering (AE) program at Bangladesh has long been felt and MIST is the pioneer technical institute to introduce Aeronautical Engineering Program in Bangladesh. At present MIST offers Engineering Degrees in Civil Engineering; Environmental, Water Resources and Coastal Engineering; Petroleum & Mining Engineering; Architecture; Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering; Industrial and Production Engineering; Computer Science and Engineering; Electrical, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, program in addition to Aeronautical Engineering. Compared to any other institute of engineering including BUET, MIST has the highest preparedness to introduce Aeronautical Engineering because of the requirement of defence where study and practice of Aeronautical Engineering is a part of service requirement, as well as Aeronautical Engineering is required to introduce space-based research in our country.
The proposed Aeronautical Engineering (AE) program has 02 (two) major disciplines namely “Aerospace” and “Avionics”. The proposed syllabus comprises a total of 162.0 credits & 192.0 contact hours for Aerospace discipline and 161.50 credits & 195.00 contact hours for Avionics discipline.
Aeronautical Engineering plays a vital role in all fields of modern human activities. It has established itself as one of the most important branches of engineering. The Aeronautical Engineering undergraduate programme provides an excellent technical background for persons who want to work in the field of Aerodynamics, Jet Propulsion, Structural Analysis, Avionics and other disciplines. In addition to lectures and practical sessions in the classroom, the undergraduate programme also includes industrial/educational visits to different reputed industries/places both at home and abroad. The new generation of Aeronautical engineers is encouraged to undertake research and development activities in the above areas and this department is committed to the study and analysis of fundamental as well as applied problems. Problems of military and national importance have consequently received great emphasis in the activities of this department.
In addition to the above, the Aeronautical department has initiated postgraduate studies and research leading to higher degrees i.e. M. Sc. (Engg) in 2016 and PhD in 2019.
To Be A Part Of An Internationally Recognized Center Of Excellence For Providing Quality Education In The Field Of Aeronautical Engineering And To Conduct Research To Meet The National And Global Challenges.
- To Produce Engineers and Researchers With Sound Knowledge On Fundamentals Of Traditional, Modern And Emerging Areas Of Aeronautical Engineering.
- To Achieve Professional Knowledge Of Aircraft Design And Maintenance Along The Innovative Design Research Abilities And Managerial Skills, Which Are Essential For Sustainable National And Global Development.
- To Provide Aviation Related Consultancy And Promote Student An Awareness Of The Life-Long Learning And Work As Part Of Teams On Disciplinary Projects.
- BSc, Post Graduate Diploma, M. Engg, MSc, PhD, Post Doctorate Degree Are Offered In Aerospace, Avionics, Aircraft Maintenance Engineering And Related Field.
- To Conduct Research In The Field Of Aeronautical Engineering To Achieve Sustainable National And Global Development.
- To Provide Consultancy In Aviation Management, Design, Development, Planning And Maintenance.
- To Achieve Professional Knowledge Of Aircraft Design And Maintenance Along The Innovative Engineering Capabilities.
- To Avail The Opportunity To Apply For An EASA Category B1 And B2 Aircraft Maintenance Engineering License After Completing The Course.